“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” —John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Books are something that gives you а chance to escape the reality and to explore one completely new world.  Furthermore, you have the opportunity to see the world through someone else’s eyes which I personally find absolutely fascinating, breathtaking and overwhelming. In this second post I will share with you three out of the eight books that, one way or another, left а mark on me. For everyone who has never read them, give them а chance, every single one of them is going to be worth your time, I promise.  They are completely different in а matter of plot and genre but every single one has something unique to it.


8. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


I am going to start by saying that the storyteller is Death.  What’s more intriguing than that? There are some books that you just read to waste time. There are some books that you read but you don’t like. And there are some books that you read and they leave such а huge impact on you that your life can never be the same. This book is from the third ones. Cried my eyes out. Simply incredible.



7. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman


Never thought that I would fall in love with а book the story of which is told from а  59 years old man’s point of view.  This book shocked me. It made me think about loneliness, about the meaning of life, about love, friendship and relationships. It showed me that people can be both angels and beats somewhere deep down in their souls. Main character never annoyed me so much. At the same time I loved him for every single action he did. А book that will make you cry and laugh at the same time.



6. The Mortal Instrument by Cassandra Clare



A series of six books that was one of the main reasons why I fell in love with reading. I am а huge fan of fantasy books and this for me is one of the best fantasy series ever written. The plot of every single one of the books will leave you sleepless from excitement. The characters are absolutely brilliant. The jokes- hilarious. Although it is а fantasy book, the love story is one of the most realistic that I’ve ever read.  I’ve recommended this series to many of my friends, all of which absolutely loved it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog