“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show 
the world
 its own shame.” 

― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray






After а few mental breakdowns, many red bulls and coffees, some nose bleeding and а lot of tears, I finally have some free time to write my blog. Without further complaining about my non-existing social life in the last couple of weeks, I am going to continue with the next couple of books that I think everyone should spare the time to read in their life.

5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë



I think it was about time that this list of books included а real classic. There are not many people who haven’t heard about Jane Eyre and if you are one of them, shame on you.  This absolutely magnificent book is filled with many feelings, unexplicable events and unexpected turns. Although Jane Eyre is described by herself as “poor, obscure, plain and little”, she remains in the literature as one of the most powerful women who represents rebellion, freedom, common sense and romance. She is an inspiration for many women around the world. To conclude, there is no possible way for а book with such an incredible main character, not to be а spectacular one.

 4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Three of the books that I can say had most influence on my childhood and made me want to read more and more.  When The Hunger Games first came out I was absolutely impressed by the plot as it was the first popular dystopian book out on the market. Loved everything about each of the three books, especially since it was the first book that I’ve ever read which, to my opinion, didn’t have а happy end. Additionally, to the very interesting in each moment plot, this book makes you feel so many emotions in the same time that when you are finished with it you feel absolutely blank for а while. If you have only watched the movies, I would say give the books а try, because, as in most cases, the movies are nothing compared to the books.

3. The Host by Stephenie Meyer


When I first heard about this book, I decided I won’t even give it а chance because, let’s say, I wasn’t the biggest fan of Stephenie Meyer. However, a friend of mine said I was biased and insisted that I should at least start reading it. One day later, I had already finished the book and my eyes were full of tears.  Thanks to the word count restrictions, I can’t fully explain everything I loved about this book but I am still suspicious about the fact that the same author can write the Twilight saga and а book as incredible as this one.  The book is about Earth, in a post-apocalyptic time, being invaded by a parasitic alien race, known as "Souls", and follows one Soul's predicament when the consciousness of her human host refuses to co-operate with the takeover of her body. To finish this blog post I will share with you one of my favourite quotes from this book:


“It is a strange world," I murmered, more to myself than to the native soul.
"The strangest," he agreed.” 
― Stephenie Meyer, The Host


Comments

Popular posts from this blog