“The best moments in reading are when you come across something – a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things – which you had thought special and particular to you. Now here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out and taken yours.” 
― Alan Bennett, The History Boys






 After а couple weeks of torture, I have the opportunity to finally finish this not-so-long list of eight books that, one way or another, influenced my life. For the last two books, I can say that probably there is not а single person among you guys who hasn’t heard about them. But I want to share with you another perspective and the fact that I found in them something new and а little bit different than everyone else. Without further hesitation I am going to present you book number two.


 2. Atonement by Ian McEwan




I think this book won me the second I heard its title. I find the word “atonement” itself absolutely powerful and I am glad to announce that the book was no different. The novel is touching and can make almost every moderately sensitive person sad. True, it will not tear you apart, but it will surely touch you. The ending is absolutely brilliant so even just for it, this book is worth reading. The characters are so real and the author puts you right among them while they move, talk and feel, so that the only thing missing is that you can’t physically touch them. However, they can surely get under your skin and make you think about them for days after reading the last page. Another classic that I highly recommend to everyone who appreciates good books.

 1.Harry Potter by J.K.Rowling




The first book that I have ever read and the book that I’ve been re-reading every year since then. I never believed that reading а book for а second time can be exciting but seven reads later, I can confirm that every time is even more powerful than the last. By re-reading it you have the chance to notice the little details that you missed the last time and I can assure you that in those books the little detail actually matters. Every book out of the seven is absolutely brilliant in every possible way. To all of the people out there who consider it а child’s book, you are mistaken.  This book brought into my life magic in many forms, as real as the magic described in it. To all of the people out there who have only watched the movies, my biggest advice is read the books! You will never know what you are missing but I can assure you it is something incredible.  Every time that I was in а bad place in my life and I was feeling down for one reason or another this book helped me get out of these dark times and carry on with much more bravery than before.
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog