“One must always be
careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change
us.”
For me to explain to you
the purpose of this blog I, of course, have to start with а story.
For some of you it may be interesting, others may find it boring but
this is the most genuine confession of аgirl whose life was changed completely. When I was in third grade I wasn’t the
happiest kid in the world. While other children played outside and found new
friends, I had to stay at home because I had some serious health issues. I was
constantly sick, I went to school for one week, then spent а month at home, sick again.
I believe you can imagine how this can reflect
on а child’s mind.
By that time, we didn’t have а computer at home, I wasn’t allowed to have а phone and all of my human contact was with
my parents, so not only was I very unhappy but also very very bored. So bored that I actually made the decision to
clean my whole room. And then it
happened!
By chance or by faith I found one book which I had never read before (the
name of the book I will not say yet). I think it was given to me by someone for
а birthday (I don’t know who you are but а massive thank you). I decided to give it а chance and since then, for more than 12 years now, I am
absolutely completely unconditionally in love with books. All of the reasons
why I will share with you in my second post (blame the word count restrictions
for that).
I want to finish this first
not-as-inspiring-as-I-wanted post by explaining the purpose of this blog. For
all of the people around the world who love books as much as I do, I hope this
blog helps you in your next choice of а book. However, for all of you out there who think reading is
old-fashioned or that people who read are ‘’nerds’ I will do my very best to
convince you otherwise. For those of you who can never find а book that is worth reading or think that ‘’they
don’t have time to read’’ I will share some tips and tricks that hopefully you
will find useful.

woooooow
ReplyDeleteThank you, dear!
ReplyDeleteSo inspiring story!!
Fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteSuper
ReplyDelete